5/05/2011

Special and Original Gift

When we celebrate something or someone, we usually eat cake, right? Birthday, wedding, graduation… We cerebrate important days with cake. Compared to the past, nowadays the quality of the taste and appearance of cake is really high.
“Cerebrating something with eating cake” is the thing everyone does, so it is a normal thing to do. I am the person who likes unique, original and special things, so I try to do what others don’t do as much as I can. But I like cake and I definitely need cake when I cerebrate. But, again, it’s too normal. So, what I always try to do is to make cake itself so special and original.
Two years ago, I made a birthday cake for one of my best friends.



That was the first time for me to make birthday cake for a friend and I really wanted to make her happy so I decided to try to make one-and-only decorated cake. I had never made such cake before, so that was the first time to make it. It was more difficult than I expected to make flowers and leaves with butter cream, but it seems quite good, isn’t it? It took me about 3 hours to complete it and it was hard to keep making difficult flowers, but I imagined her smile and I could make it with lots of love.
We can give a special memory to special person with special cake. That is the best point of cerebrating with decorated cake.

“Giving something to someone with a great love.” That is a present. So, we can call meals or dishes “presents” because we cook for someone with love. Now you should realize an important thing. We have received such a wonderful present almost three times a day and almost everyday from our parents or grand parents. Wow… Isn’t that great? Well, mother’s day is coming this weekend. Maybe some of you already prepared some gifts. Buying a present is nice, but I think making a present is more meaningful. So why don’t you cook dinner or cake for your mother? That is going to be a special and original present and your mother will love it! And don’t forget to say THANK YOU with big smile!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Really cute cake!!
    Making flower seems to be difficult.
    If I receive that cake, I may cry for joy.

    Well, did you make something for your mother?
    I gave my mother a candle as a measure of saving electricity.

    返信削除
  2. Hi Meg! This is another Megumi:) lol
    Thank you for great report of your friend's birthday party. I'm really fascinated in flowers that you made.
    It seems really difficult to make, I may not do that X(! lol
    Anyway, I agree with meals which we eat 3 times in a day, is a great present. I've never thought that before I take this class, I took for granted for eating meals every day. But this class, by cooking or researching about meals, I could know the meals play a very important role. Don't you think so?

    Megumi

    返信削除