5/25/2011

AVOCADO, my love.

A! VO! CA! DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I love avocado sooooooooooo much and I think many people especially girls like it. Most avocados are raised in Mexico. Do you know that it is fruit? It’s not a vegetable! It contains about 16% of fat, but the most of the fat is unsaturated fatty acid, so we do not have worry about a high blood cholesterol level. It has a lot of Vitamin E. Hmm… I think we should enjoy eating it more and more.
So, how do you usually eat it? Many people in Japan eat it raw with soy sauce, right? Well, we should know varieties of how to eat avocado.


1. Slice of Raw Avocado with Soy Sauce



This is probably the most common way to eat avocado in Japan. The taste of avocado is quite similar to fatty tuna (Toro), and that is why people try to eat avocado in the same way as fatty tuna. We can call it “Sashimi of Avocado.”


2. Tempura of Avocado



Have you ever tried Tempura of Avocado? I have never tried it before. I heard that its feel in the mouth is like Tempura of potato. It sounds good, isn’t it?


3. Avocado Pizza



At many pizza restaurants and pizza delivery store, we can find such pizza. Some pizza have avocado on it, and others have avocado sauce on it. Both types are really tasty.


4. Avocado Salad



Recently we can find salad which has avocado at everywhere. The one I ate at a restaurant had lettuce, sliced cucumber and onion, tofu, tomato, shrimp and avocado. I really liked it.


5. Avocado Dip



I really like it and frequently make it. It just need small cut of onion, mayonnaise and a bit of chicken stock powder. We can make it just by mixing all the ingredients. Easy huh? We can dip cracker, boiled shrimp, vegetables… well, anything!


6. Avocado Hamburger



When I go to hamburger shop, I order it all the time. What I like about it is not only the taste, but also the voluminous appearance!


7. Bowl of Avocado Tuna and Rice



This is really good in summer. The weather is really hot and our appetite decreases, so the easiness of making and eating it helps a lot. I want this menu at cafeteria of my university!


8. Avocado Spaghetti



We can make creamy avocado sauce or can slice raw avocado and put it on the spaghetti with other food such as shrimp and mushroom. The taste is good whether it is cooked or raw.


9. California Roll



One day I ate it at a sushi bar, I was like “oh my god! This is so delicious!” and I started making it at home as well. Soy sauce and a bit of mayonnaise is a key to make it good.


10. Avocado Pancake



We just need to add cut avocado into the pancake dough. We can eat it as sweet pancake by eating with maple syrup and can eat it as salty one by eating with mayonnaise or some dressing. It’s going to be perfect for breakfast!


11. Avocado Shake



I drank it in Indonesia. It is popular there and the taste is sooooo wonderful! There is chocolate in it, but we can still enjoy the taste of avocado. That was the first time for me to try sweet taste avocado, and I did not find it strange. It was a perfect drink for girls who love avocado. I hope some coffee shop in Japan will have avocado shake.


12. Avocado Ice cream



I have never tried it! Do you think the taste is good? Avocado itself does not have a strong taste, so it’s a little bit hard for me to imagine what the taste is like. I am going to make it in this summer!


13. Avocado Pudding



What a healthy pudding! Its color reminds me of Green tea pudding. It must be creamy and of course yummy! But I have never found it anywhere. Can we buy it somewhere? Do we have to make it in order to eat?


14. Avocado Cookie



Instead of butter, we can use avocado to make cookies. It must be healthier than normal cookies which need butter. Good for people who want to lose weight! (It’s me! hehe…)


15. Avocado Cheese Cake



Oh My God! This is what I have never imagined! I thought that avocado can be used for dessert, but never thought that it could be cheese cake. So, it means, I should definitely try it! We should not forget that avocado is fruit. We can use it for any kind of dessert!


On the internet, we can find many recipes of Avocado meals. So please go and find your favorite one! → http://cookpad.com/category/1271


Enjoy your Avocado Days!

3 件のコメント:

  1. I want to try avocado cookies! Yum.

    I have a friend from Hawaii and she said her dad will mash avocado up with sugar and eat it on his toast. She say's it is really good. You should try it.

    返信削除
  2. Hello(^^)
    I'm Aya:)***

    I haven't eaten avocado ...
    but all of avocado foods look so delicious!!!
    I wanna try all of them!!!
    Especially, I want to try avocad pizza,
    and avocado hamburger,
    because I love pizza and hamburger\(^^)/

    Please tell me your favorite restaurants :)

    Aya

    返信削除
  3. Hello,

    Im also an avocado lover!!!!Yummmmy:)
    I always have raw avocado with soysauce or make avocado pasta.
    I really want to try 2. tempra of avocado and 3. avocado pizza.
    Do you know where I can have them? or can you share the recipe of them to me?
    Anyway, your post make me wanna eat avocado right now!!!

    返信削除