6/23/2011

Watch and Eat at Movie Theaters




Do you usually go to a theater to watch movies, or do you usually rent DVDs and watch them at your house? It is needless to say that the biggest difference between a theater and a house is atmosphere. Some of my friends prefer a theater to a house because they can enjoy movies with big-screen impact and can enjoy stories with peculiar and distinctive tense atmosphere. I can understand their opinion. However, I usually choose my house instead of a theater. The reason why is not about the cost or the atmosphere. What I really care about to choose is what I can EAT while watching movies.





At a theater, we should keep good manners in order not to disturb others. For example, we should not talk in a loud voice, should turn off our cell phone, should sit properly and so on. Even though you keep good manners like that, sometimes you disturb others with… FOOD you eat while watching movies. Potato chips? Rice clackers? Cookies? Oh God! If you are at a theater, these are not good because it’s noisy! Let’s think about the food sold at a theater. There are popcorn, churros, hotdogs, fried potatoes… These are the food which does not make noise when we eat. So, we just have to care about noise when we choose food? No way! SMELL also can disturb people. What if people next to you start eating a curry doughnut? It does not make noise, but it has strong smell so you would notice the smell and you could not focus on the movie for a moment. You might be upset, huh? So we have to care not only about noise but also smell when we choose and bring food to a theater.
By the way, I said I prefer my house to a theater. When I watch movies at my house, I do not have to care about others. In other words I do not have to care about the noise or the smell of what I eat. I want to eat what I want to eat even when I watch movies, so I choose my house.


To tell the truth, I want theaters to make more choices of food which is not noisy and does not have strong smell. I always find popcorn and hotdog, but I got bored with them! Food which is not noisy and which does not have strong smell… and it must be easy one to eat, such as food we can eat with one hand. Also, it must be the food which tastes good even if the heat is gone because movies need about two hours to end. Marshmallows are good. Small balls of doughnuts might be good. Gummi candy is also good. What about salty food? It’s a little bit hard to find a good one. But, as I said, not everything is acceptable. We have to consider "manners." What do you think is good? I want you to find good one for me. Well, it’s gonna be good not only for me but also people all over the world (including you, of course!). So if you have any good ideas, please let me know! And I hope some people who work at movie theaters read this blog and make new menu for us!!

1 件のコメント:

  1. Megumi,hello!! I'm Hiromi!!
    I am really interested in your blog because I work in cinema!!Yeah~!!
    I agree with you!! What we can eat at movie theatres is always same, popcorn, hotdog...etc.
    Cinema should make difference in food they serve.

    I'm not in high position in cinema, so I can't change the current condition, but in the future I will hope concession menu is improved.

    Ah, in America I heard there were a lot of cinema we can eat dish like restaurants. Have you visited there??

    返信削除